Saturday, September 12, 2009

We're in a tent. This conversation is over.

I can not stress enough that the most popular gift shop at the zoo is currently located in a tent. Ok, complainers, I'll give you the fact that it is an exit store and you are forced to enter a gift shop that you may have wanted to avoid. I'll give you that, but I AM NOT THE PERSON FORCING YOU TO EXIT THIS WAY. Do you really think that I want to clean up after your ginormous wagons and strollers that have just trekked down a gravel path AND hear you complain that it's too hot in here and why do we not believe in air conditioning! First of all, I have to spend significantly more time in here than you do and you tend to hog the fans when you are in my store. Secondly, we are in a tent. A tent for god's sake. A tent that has two doors permanently open. Why on earth would we pay to air condition it?

Now that we've cleared that up. As previously mentioned, there is a gravel road that leads directly into the store and many, many, many people have wagons and strollers so lots and lots and lots of dust gets into our large store that has a crap load of merchandise including plush and shirts. Things get dusty. We try. We really do. Anytime there is any sort of down time, we dust. We really do. Do not accuse us of not trying, we may punch you in the face because you most definitely are not the first person to tell us this. We took it as constructive criticism the first time someone mentioned it. We were pissed off the second time someone mentioned it. And now that we have gone all summer with these complaints, we've reached our limit thanks.

Again, let me stress that while I am one of the people you actually see in this gift shop, I had no input into how the store or exhibit was designed. I make slightly more than minimum wage. They tend to pay people more money than that to make decisions. Frankly, they don't pay me enough to care. Yes, I want to do my job to the best of my ability. But I don't really care if you think it's obnoxious, I mean really obnoxious that we force you to exit through the store. It's not my fault that you can't tell your kid no. It's not even the fault of the salaried people who sit around in air conditioned offices and don't hear you make obnoxious, I mean really obnoxious comments about what you think is obnoxious. I'm pretty much the lowest wrung on the ladder. To be honest, I'm not sure I actually am considered part of the ladder. The people who make decisions don't really care what I have to say and neither do you. So stop complaining to me. Caring is not in my job description.

No comments:

Post a Comment